Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Why teach?

After reading the article "Why Teach?" by Herbert Kohl I couldn't help but to think of my past elementary school teachers. They were all so loving and kind. They truly love being around children all day and helping them form their own identities. All my teachers would help each child individually and never single them out if they couldn't answer any question. Elementary school is supposed to be full of fun and learning, in my perspective.

I think a lot of people teach because of their own experiences. Whether they are good or bad. I can see how easily some of my past teachers could have inspired me to become a teacher myself.

I read an article on the Teacher Support Network website  that stated "The most compelling reason to become a teacher is the desire to work with children. Some point to a "calling," a yearning to help children learn, watch them grow, and make a meaningful difference in the world." I feel like that would pretty much sum it up for every teacher out there.



If you would like to read Kohl's "Why Teach?" article here is a link for it:

Teacher Support Network:

No comments:

Post a Comment